This years Flu clinics will be:
- Saturday 24th October (Ashover Patients)
Unfortunately due to the pandemic we are unable to offer the drop in sessions this year so appointments will be essential.
If you are eligible please telephone the surgery to make your appointment.
If you are unsure if you are eligible please enquire at reception or one the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-flu-vaccine/
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu you can phone and book your appointment now.
To assist in the demands that Covid-19 is placing on the NHS, Imperial road surgery is operating telephone and video consultations with the Gp's. These can be booked daily. The practice also operates an online consult you will see the link at the bottom of this page. It is available 24/7 so you can submit your request for medical advice and information from the practice on a day or time that suits you rather than waiting for the phone lines to open.
The practice nurses are continuing to see patients for blood tests, injections, smears, ECG' amongst other things. For all clinical appointments the staff will be wearing protective clothing and in light of recent government guidance, all patients will be required to wear their own face-covering when attending an appointment at the surgery. Thank you for your continued support’
There are 'no walk' in consultations. If you require medical attention from a GP please telephone 01629 583465.
Please don't feel you need to put your health on hold, we are open and we are here to help.
COVID 19 Support Information
If you or someone you live with HAS coronavirus symptoms (new continuous cough OR fever OR loss of/ change in smell or taste)
- • Stay at home.
- • If your symptoms worsen or you feel that you cannot manage at home, please refer to the NHS111 online coronavirus service. If you can’t get help online, call 111.
- • Please do not go to your GP practice, community pharmacy, dental practice or optician. If you, or people you live, with DON’T HAVE coronavirus symptoms and you think you need primary care help and advice, don’t delay:
- General practice
- • GP practices are there to help you get the care and advice you need.
- • To protect you from coronavirus, your GP practice will try to help you remotely as much as possible: o Contact the practice, either online, by an app or by phone to be assessed. Find out more here: https://www.nhs.uk/health-at-home/
- o You will be assessed and as far as possible you will receive advice or care via a video consultation, or over the phone.
- o If a face-to-face appointment is necessary, you will be advised on what to do. GP practices have measures in place to minimise any risk from coronavirus.
Please do not enter the practice unless you’ve been advised to. This will ensure they can continue to provide essential care safely.
Annual Patient Survey
Welcome to Matlock and Ashover Practices - Imperial Road
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
(Site updated 19/10/2020)